Newsletter November // Ultrasonic Welding
Application example: Thermoplastic polymer rolls welding for the pharmaceutical industry
✔ Cutting of overlapping strips
The first step is to cut the two overlapped strips using an ultrasonic cutting device such as a cutter blade.
✔ Edge-to-edge welding
The two strips being now edge-to-edge, a second step is to make an ultrasonic welding along the width of the strip.
EDGE-TO-EDGE WELDING APPLICATION
✔ Tested polymers
• Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
• Low density polyethylene (LDPE) + Elastomer
• Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA)
• Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC)
• Welding robustness
• Faster operation
• Easy to recycle: no additional material (no tape, no glue)